Sunday, May 17, 2015

Summer Reading: Where To Start

Last year I read sixty four books over the course of summer and this year I do plan to beat my last number. Now my friends jaws normally hit the floor when I tell them this. How could I read a six hundred page book in one day? Sixty four! Are you serious? Doesn't it get boring? Well obviously not for a book nerd. 

This year I already have several series lined up for my summer reading. The first book on my list is Maximum Ride Forever by James Patterson. I have followed the Maximum Ride Series for several years and read the "final" book Nevermore back in 2012. So imagine my surprise when James Patterson announces one final book. Now my jaw was hitting the floor, because one of my favorite series that was supposed to have ended with Nevermore had one more book. 

Long story short I was overexcited. The book follows Max and her flock after the devastating ending of the last book. The book will be released tomorrow and I already have plans to spend my entire day reading every last word. Following that I plan to finish the fifth novel in The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 

From there I go to webistes like goodreads and window shop at Barnes and Nobles as well as the library to make a list of books I would like to read. It's really quit easy to figure out your summer reading list. It's a great time to sit in the sun and lose yourself in a different world entirely.

2 comments:

  1. Can you name your top five out of the 64 books you read last summer? I'm looking for some good reads for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My top five are: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (as well as the prequel series The Infernal Devices), Die For Me by Amy Plum, Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter, Embrace by Jessica Shirvington, and Tigers Curse by Colleen Houck. All really great series

    ReplyDelete