Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Top Three

Through the years I have read over a hundred books, so many so that I started to log every book I have read. If I listed them all this post would probably be over ten pages long, so I am going to focus on the ones that really hit home. These are the ones that made me cry, laugh, and scream in anger at the pages. The ones that when I re-read them I feel like I am coming home. These are the books that created a family and taught me so many of the life lessons that I live my life according to to this very day. Below is the list in order of my top three books that I would highly recommend. It states the series, number of books, author, and what it's all about.




1. The Mortal Instruments (6) - Cassandra Clare

"It's your gift to see the beauty and the horror in ordinary things. It doesn't make you crazy just different." -Cassandra Clare, City Of Bones

Not everything you see is what it seems. Clary Fray's world turns upside down when her mother goes missing and the glamour begins to peel back, exposing a world that people only dreamed of. If that isn't bad enough Clary might just be something more than mortal. As she meets Shadowhunter's Jace, Izzy, and Alec she has to face the fact that her mother has been keeping something huge from her. Clary pulls you in from the very first page as you are quickly thrown into a world that you won't want to leave. You fall fast for the characters and putting the book down will not be an option until you have finished the book. You'll be dying to read the next one because these books leave you with thousands of questions swirling in the dark corners of your mind.




2. Die For Me (3) -Amy Plum

"Luck, normalcy, fate... none of those seemed to be on our side. Our very being together went against all the odds. All I knew was that something good had begun. A flame had been lit. And the whole universe was watching to see if it would be blown out. All I could do was hold my breath. And wait." -Amy Plum Die For Me

Have you ever laid eyes on the Eiffel Tower? Spoken french? Wandered down the streets of Paris? No? Do you want to? Amy Plum's Die For Me series takes place in Paris, France and by the time you are done reading the series you will feel as if you just took a long vacation in Paris. Kate is recovering from the death of her parents as she moves to Paris with her sister Georgia to live with their grandparents. That's where she meats Vincent. The dark haired hottie with a huge secret. An epic tale of love and loss unfolds on the streets of Paris and by the time you close the final book it should leave you slightly breathless and a little sad.



3.Gallagher Girls (6) -Ally Carter

"Sometimes people run... to see if you'll come after them."-Gallagher Girls, Ally Carter

People may say that these books are for a younger audience, but the characters grow with every book and by the time you finish the series you have also grown with them. Cammie and her friends attend Gallagher Girl Academy, but this is no ordinary school. You see Cammie is a spy and not too long ago her father disappeared. As Cammie faces school, love, and that daunting question of what happened to her father a bigger plot unravels. These books hit home when it comes to the bigger picture. They are filled with adventure and what it truly means to be a friend. It teaches us how much someone can grow and change and how they handle pressure. These books are full of twists and turns that you'll never see coming.

Each of these series is unique in its own way. Give them a shot, you never know until you try. You might just find that these characters and their stories will mean just as much to you as they do to me. It is between the pages of a book that I have found a home, friends, and lessons learned. If I can share that with you through these books then I have done my job passing on the message that these books are more than just words on a page.




No comments:

Post a Comment