Saturday, April 25, 2015

Give Reading A Chance


From the first page a good book will draw you in and give you no option but to read it in one sitting. It will leave you thinking about it for days, months, and years after you have finished the series. It will be the reason you space off several times a day (much to your friends irritation) because you are still stuck in a completely different world. 

That's because books give us a world to escape too. The characters become family and we live, laugh, love, and cry with them never once considering the fact that it's all in our heads. So many people pass up reading as boring and a waste of time, but I truly believe they just haven't found the right book yet. 

When I was younger I hated reading and always found it was a waste of time. Maybe it was because teachers were forcing books on me instead of teaching a love of reading, something I believe would change the way everyone viewed reading, but more on that later. 

For me it was The Harry Potter Series that changed my perspective on reading. I fell in love with the characters and world that J.K. Rowling had created finding myself in the words and for the first time finally seeing the images instead of the words on the page. 

It really does only take the right book to turn you into the beginnings of a book worm. You see so many people are missing out on thousands of stories they will never know because they won't sit in the quiet of their own mind and read a book. 

Reading has given me personally so much that I can't even begin to explain it but i'll try. Reading has taught me so many life lessons and the characters have become family teaching me what dedication and determination really is. 

Reading isn't just about life lessons but about having an escape from reality when the people you trust most let you down. It is an outlet that so many people skip because they won't sit in the quiet for a while and find themselves between the words of a page. In reading you can discover yourself and an entirely new world so give it a chance. You never know what you will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment